Monday, August 07, 2006

The Coffee Talk Companion: "Perude."

Dear ____________.

Hello, it's us again. This week, Lisa posts a letter from Clancy about her mission to Peru. Yup. Three weeks in a row of no original prose from Lisa. Is it too sinful for us to think that perhaps Lisa herself has seen this site and is avoiding posting personal journal entries because she's wary of our commentary? Well, we'd like to believe that because we've always heard one person can make a difference in the world, and, today, we'd like to believe that one person is us.

That made clear, we must insist, Lisa, that you please stop deferring your journal entries to friends and family. We comment out of love, not hate. Our fun is not mockery—it's praise. Consider this photograph (sent in by reader Ruth), and consider us Jo.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Really. We love you. Now get to work.

On our end, we are in Ohio for reasons out of our control, so thus ends this week's CTC. We wouldn't dare bore you to tears with the details like Clancy does. We'll just wish you a good week and say we'll return en force soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy Ohio. We'll miss you and your daily dose of drama.

August 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because of Lisa's laziness, I was forced to backtrack on her entries and found THIS passage. I can't believe you neglected to post it.

Oh my goodness, I was sooooo intimidated. I was so scared I was going to have to pray out loud in front of them. I mean really, first there is Beth, who can probably drink a cup of coffee with anointing. Then there is Priscilla, who prays with such authority that she could be reading the phone book and people would get saved. Not to mention Travis Cottrell, the worship leader. Just being in the same room with him made me want to lift my hands, fall to my knees, and dance before the Lord all at the same time.

COMPETITIVE PRAYER!
ANOINTING WITH COFFEE!
"GET SAVED!"

August 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hello, it’s me again, remember the one who asked for a bunch of your money and then told you that you wouldn’t get a tax deduction on it?

Because people love being hit up for money by the children of celebrities.

August 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, wow. That last comment was my first post. No sooner had I published the comment, than I received the message:

"Your comment has been saved."

Does Lisa's goodness know no end?

August 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home